Privacy and Cookies PolicyLockitstorage.co.uk ("the Website") is owned and operated by Lockit Storage. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, explain how Lockit Storage may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy and our Terms and Conditions carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Information we collect about youWe collect certain information or data about you when you use the Website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to Lockit Storage or the Website .
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- nformation on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
Using your informationCollecting your personal information helps Lockit Storage to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the Website.
- personalise our services to you.
- administer and operate your account.
- tell you about important changes to the Website and our services.
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- check and verify your identity, and prevent or detect crime. In performing checks your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check and your credit rating will be unaffected.
Marketing and researchIf you agree, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about Lockit Storage products or services
- with offers and information about partners' products or services
- for customer research eg to help improve our services
CookiesIn order to comply with new rules, we use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the Website, or which may be dropped by third parties through our websites. The classification was developed by the International Chamber of Commerce UK and explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don't want to have them on your device. Please be reassured that we are working on other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the Website. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Disclosing your informationWe will never disclose your information to anyone outside Lockit Storage except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
Links to other websitesThe Website contains links to and from other websites.
Changes to our policyThis policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of July 2016. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
Contacting usIf you have any queries, please contact us here.
Last update: 14/07/2016